these are the timesdirty beloved
-

20.2.14


                                                                                      Gypsies
                                                                           Velka Lomnica Czechoslovakia 1963 

Josef Koudelka
Exhibition - Gypsies - sélection 109 photos
at magnum
-
In the early 70's I was devouring aperture and other art/photo mags when I could, noticing how often magnum showed up in bitchin photos here and there in the media, and in the seminal art book of 50's childhood the Family of Man, so when I got online and went to to magnum's site I was slammed into disappointment and disheartened by the watermarking defacing proprietary walling-in of their archives.
Nice to see they've stopped doing that. Finally. Whenever they did. Because I haven't been back in 14 years or so. Til today.

Blog Archive

Vivian

db annex larger,longer image-heavy posts