Two images of Australian women:
original image the image on the right is dated 1908.original image
Both circa 1900, the image on the right is dated 1908.
Images from the State Library of New South Wales.
I haven't figured out a way to backtrack information for the images themselves.
Browsing the parent directories is time consuming.
I did find Shackleton's Endurance and
137 images from the British Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition, 1914-17
Super cherry bitchin belt-driven (mo-ped?)bicycle
More happy girls at the beach
Eh, mister! Your fly is open, mister!
And says he:
— Mendelssohn was a jew and Karl Marx and Mercadante and Spinoza. And the Saviour was a jew and his father was a jew. Your God.
— He had no father, says Martin. That'll do now. Drive ahead.
— Whose God? says the citizen.
— Well, his uncle was a jew, says he. Your God was a jew. Christ was a jew like me.
Gob, the citizen made a plunge back into the shop.
— By Jesus, says he, I'Il brain that bloody jewman for using the holy name. By Jesus, I'll crucify him so I will. Give us that biscuitbox here.
— Stop! Stop! says Joe.
And there came a voice out of heaven, calling: Elijah! Elijah! And he answered with a main cry: Abba! Adonai! And they beheld Him even Him, ben Bloom Elijah, amid clouds of angels ascend to the glory of the brightness at an angle of fortyfive degrees over Donohoe's in Little Green Street like a shot off a shovel.
Ulysses, Chapter 12 Cyclops
extensive quoteparcelling at pseuodopodium r.e. Bloom and his day
still here 14:25
Glenn Murcutt: El poeta de la naturaleza
"Igual estoy insertado en el mundo de la globalización porque enseño en muchas escuelas de Finlandia y de los Estados Unidos."
"Por lo tanto, yo puedo trabajar en Australia tranquilamente, con los ritmos con los que me gusta trabajar, y del modo en que me gusta trabajar."
almendron.com — Una ventana al mundo artístico, cultural y político
Glenn Murcutt's aesthetics of need in the Meagher house
To us, no-one has put their money more eloquently where their mouth is in support of Aboriginal people's desire to free themselves from the housing ghetto than Glenn Murcutt.
Banduk Marika and Mark Alderton
"Forming an asymmetrical V-shape, the roof also collects rainwater which is recycled for drinking and heating. Corrugated metal sheathing and interior brick walls insulate the home and conserve energy."
Marie Short House
architecture of integrity
a singular architectural practice
Glen Murcutt won the Pritzker Prize in 2002
link impetus dangerous meta Jun.16.04
still here 11:43
- ► 2010 (10)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (191)
- ► 2007 (365)
- ► 2006 (458)
- ► 2005 (399)
06/13 - 06/20
- Two images of Australian women: original image th...
- Enchanting Melodies, Native Instruments "...dedic...
- twoFor though stern teachings of the Southern Cros...
- Hume 102 detail Hume 103 New Guinea Photog...
- Lola Haskins at Verse Daily Jun.18.04
- Moorish Girl has a reading list of Moroccan litera...
- Pagan Litany ...salt pines lie broken by the w...
- The Green Going On Larry Bradley Verse Daily Ju...
- Hume 280 detail
- Hume 309 detail. Hume 318 detail. Hu...
- Hume 374 (Darwin's Equatorial - as ready for trans...
- the size of a house A driver on the Hume Highway ...
- Hume 541 detail Hume 555 detail 549 detail...
- Eh, mister! Your fly is open, mister! And says he...
- Glenn Murcutt: El poeta de la naturaleza "Igual e...
- The train, boss! The train! Oprah has put Tolstoy...
- From it and was anew at that time Genevieve Ka...
- All the following Australian images and links th...
- Hume 878 detail
- Hume 907 detail Hume 802 840 817 Hume 6...
- Hume 943 detail Hume 641 Hume 915 925 ...
- Woods family on Edinglassie, Muswellbrook, NSW...
- Mrs Wienholt and Monbee Photographs from the...
- THIS PLACE IS NOT VERY COMFORTABLE BUT REASONA...
- Mr. Picassohead you can do this although th...
- It is a great beast.
- Spoondrift Francesca Pastine Rena Brantsten Gal...
- ▼ 06/13 - 06/20 (27)
- ► 2003 (825)
- ► 2002 (987)
- ► 2001 (780)