Phoebe Legere is out of this world
Rejecting Stereotypes, Photographing ‘Real’ Indians
Matika Wilbur at Lens (NYTimes photo blog)
Wilbur's personal site has her photography, which is good and worthwhile, but the site radiates the tech behind it, intrusively.
The design scheme is so streamlined there's no captions, for one thing.
The designer's personality is the dominant presence, so that the site is about that person first, and the art, second.
still here 19:15
When a person has grown old and has done his all, it is his task peacefully to make friends with death. He does not need other people. He knows them and has seen enough of them. What he needs is peace. It is not seemly to seek out such a person, to talk to him, to torment him with your chatter. At the gateway to his home the proper thing is to pass by, as if nobody lived there.Hermann Hesse (notice on the door of his house upon award  of the Nobel Prize for Literature)
still here 19:47
The Elk River upstream of Freedom Industry's tanks. Image courtesy of the author
still here 10:56
02/23 - 03/02
- Phoebe Legere is out of this world
- Rejecting Stereotypes, Photographing ‘Real’ Indian...
- The Splinter Groups of Breakfast Albert Goldbarth ...
- When All This Is Over Macdara Woods via 3QD
- Out of GasThomas Jorion via GuardianUK via Infocu...
- When a person has grown old and has done his all, ...
- The Elk River upstream of Freedom Industry's tanks...
- ▼ 02/23 - 03/02 (7)
- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2010 (10)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (191)
- ► 2007 (365)
- ► 2006 (458)
- ► 2005 (399)
- ► 2004 (824)
- ► 2003 (825)
- ► 2002 (987)
- ► 2001 (780)