"What kind of book is it?"
"It's a comic book actually, based on stuff I've published on the Internet."
"Oh? What's it about?"
"Well, it's basically just about these two guys in an office who talk on the phone all the time about the war on terrorism."
"Does it have a lot of cussing in it?"
"That's the one."
"We love that strip!"
still here 19:45
Already reeling from a stagnant economy and the illegal but widespread downloading of
copyrighted music from the Internet, the recording companies will now face a perfectly
legal influx of European recordings of popular works.
Copyright protection lasts only 50 years in European Union countries, compared with
95 years in the United States, even if the recordings were originally made and released in America.
still here 05:04
space isn't dark, it's that there's nothing there to reflect the light, but the light is there, it's everywhere. the universe is a stunningly bright place, not dark at all.
still here 18:36
The guqin, a seven-stringed zither, is China's oldest stringed instrument,
with a history of some 3000 years. Chinese music has a long history,
and its essence is best expressed on the guqin. In Imperial China,
a well educated scholar was expected to be skilled in four arts:
still here 09:33
still here 18:17
During an attempt to restore the damaged paintings, the upper layer of plaster was removed to reveal the underlayer which contained the preliminary compositions drawn by brush in a red dye called sinope, a mixture of special red earth and water. Sinope is the name of a town in Syria where the dye was produced.
Painters used either this mixture or charcoal to trace the first outlines of the fresco composition. The Sinopite is therefore the underpainting which was never seen until modern times...
still here 16:23
Hiroko Suehiro age 16, became the first Miss Japan in 1908. Her photograph was chosen from among those of young ladies from respectable families. Suehiro placed sixth in the Miss World Competition organized by the US Tribune.
In the late 1990s, darkly tanned skin came back in vogue, giving the ’60s trend a new twist.
Instead of adopting a natural look, women called ganguro literally face-that-is-black, wear dark foundation on their faces and paint white circles around their eyes in homage to hip-hop culture. Other inspirations for the style include Barbie Dolls and Japanese pop singers. Accessories include a big wig, a scarf, long false eyelashes, white lipstick, and thick jet-black eyeliner. The trend is fueled by the belief that black skin makes the face look smaller.
Face to Face at New York University's Grey Art Gallery
still here 20:56
Go is a game played by two contestants. In China and Japan it's just as popular as chess and draughts in Europe. There are a lot of legends about the invention of Go. One of these names the Chinese emperor Shun, who reigned from 2255 to 2205 B.C., as the originator of the game. It is said that he invented the game in order to strengthen the weak mind of his son.
still here 20:31
Conceived on December 25, 1945 and born on September 30, 1946, Raël is the last of the Prophets, the Messenger of Infinity, the Pope of the Raelian Movement.
Son of YHWE and Jesus' brother, his mission on Earth is to reveal to the whole of humanity the truth about our origins and to build an embassy to welcome our Fathers from space, the Elohim.
He is the founder of the Raelian Movement, of the first human cloning company in the world, Clonaid, and of the first interpretation centre of the UFO phenomena in the world: UFOLand.
Avid of motor racing, singer-songwriter, author of best-sellers, those are the multiple facets of this extraordinary man.
They are yours to discover
- ► 2014 (36)
- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2010 (10)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (191)
- ► 2007 (365)
- ► 2006 (458)
- ► 2005 (399)
- ► 2004 (824)
- ► 2003 (825)
12/29 - 01/05
- "Creating means praying behind closed doors."Murak...
- "What kind of book is it?" "It's a comic book a...
- Already reeling from a stagnant economy and the il...
- your elbow, in that place with no particular name...
- that clockwise swirl on the shell of an eastbound ...
- Beefheart van Vliet
- space isn't dark, it's that there's nothing there ...
- The guqin, a seven-stringed zither, is China's old...
- Eliza Griffiths
- chop suey
- Liu Fang Pipa Soloist
- Ou Lu Wang Ji (Forgetting Vulgar Ideas)
- THAT IS MY FAMILY
- beige princess
- During an attempt to restore the damaged paintings...
- voluminous audio poetical
- Photo-journalism Viet Nam war
- Musée des beaux-arts, Quimper
- Alexander Bloch La Chapelle de La Madeleine à M...
- Maurice Denis Bretonne dans une barque
- Hiroko Suehiro age 16, became the first Miss Jap...
- Buddhist monks wear saffron-colored robes, but res...
- Awa Dance! If you dance, you're a fool! If you don...
- Go is a game played by two contestants. In China a...
- Conceived on December 25, 1945 and born on Septemb...
- Robert Klein Gallery has some perfect William Henr...
- Who? Me? Role-play in Self-portrait Photography @...
- daily photo guy's links to other obsessivist photo...
- Sami flag
- hygiene+ @bathroom-maniafrom muxway.org
- ▼ 12/29 - 01/05 (41)
- ► 2001 (780)