perspective in I think Czech or possibly polish or hungarian (actually it's Estonian)
Miss Susanna Gale
oil on canvas
210.0 x 118.8 cm
Felton Bequest 1934
Susanna Gale (1749-1823), daughter of a Jamaican plantation owner,
was about fourteen when Reynolds painted this portrait. By the 1760s
Reynolds usually painted his female sitters in classical drapery, but the
young Miss Gale is dressed in contemporary clothes, although she is
placed like a sculpture on a stone plinth in front of a classical column.
The painting was trimmed on the right edge in the eighteenth century,
the result of seawater damage after a ship captained by Susanna's husband
ran aground on the northwest coast of America.
still here 14:17
- ► 2010 (10)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (191)
- ► 2007 (365)
- ► 2006 (458)
- ► 2005 (399)
- ► 2004 (824)
- ► 2003 (825)
- ► 2002 (987)
09/09 - 09/16
- perspective in I think Czech or possibly polish or...
- #1 great chinese site ghirlandaio search wester...
- berger foundation? ghirlandaio search
- giotto magdalen
- magdalen at haverford luini search
- Luini, Bernardino
- domestic life of the rainbow Patrick Hughes
- parmigianino madonna and child with clouds
- leslie williams cain at davidson galleries
- William Louis Sonntag
- Cannaletto at artonline
- artonline? all different now and Italian bouche...
- robin urto is a sweet and talented personart links...
- Frida Kahlo what the water gave me find a good...
- Lilian Westcott Hale Nancy and The Map of Europe ...
- Tom Thompson at BertC
- Pissarro(little image)
- Joshua REYNOLDS English 1723-1792 Miss Susanna ...
- http://www.artnet.com/ venice biennale ernesto...
- yes milano woodman search
- rena brantsen gallery (again) bernardtoale gall...
- boggleminding gallery index from ADAA(why am I so ...
- ADAA online!!!
- Lara Solt photo 13 yr old autistic girl
- francesca woodman
- ▼ 09/09 - 09/16 (28)