Beth Yarnelle Edwards
Robert Klein Galleries
Karat. Sky over St. Petersburg
Anthony at Expose says about Mueller's images: "The subject matter is not really my sort of thing so I won't upload a picture here. Worth a look if a little unsettling."
It's street kids in a drain-circling Russian economy, huffing glue and smoking various things. There's hints at sexual acts and knowledge that are way too coy and prim for me. It's like a documentary made by missionaries, from some skewed angle that brings as much sickness as it proposes to heal.
There's no love reaction to the wound.
The first time glue-huffing as an economic by-product caught my attention was in a short story by James N. Robison. Mexican teenagers at an abandoned drive-in movie in some Gulf town like Brownsville. I read it 20 years ago maybe and the image is still on fire, because it was burning with love. Now huffing is the drug of choice for third world kids globally.
These images are a kind of anti-porn. Something perverse in them somewhere outside the frame.
But for people who need reminding, like we all do at times, that the "fall of communism" for which the recently expired Ronald Reagan is so celebrated, has produced a surplus population of blonde-haired blue-eyed children with absolutely no prospects, who live amidst adult desperation and predatory amorality, for whom capitalism and its heroes take absolutely no responsibility even while they claim to have done that which causes them to be so entirely abandoned, here are some relatively cute kids who would probably fellate you for the Russian equivalent of 5 dollars.
And they're there because you and your heroes destroyed the economy they were born into, and then just walked away from the wreckage.
James N. Robison is woefully undersung in contemporary letters. It's obligatory to mention that he is the reason by virtue of matrimony that Mary Robison is thus known, Mary Robison being herself an author of marked and fiercely championed compassion.
still here 01:13
Recyclable Refugee Camp - Project
"...built in conformity with the regulations of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees - consists of structures such as living units, a multifunctional tent and latrines; all easily transportable and with a relatively low production cost."
Galerie Brigitte Weiss
still here 01:48
"'Tis true my form is something odd,
but blaming me is blaming god.
Could I create myself anew,
I would not fail in pleasing you.
Was I so tall, could reach the pole,
or grasp the ocean with a span;
I would be measured by the soul.
The mind's the standard of the man."
Joseph Carey Merrick(The Elephant Man)
still here 01:31
Drunkenness, The Enemy of Britain, Arrested by the Hand of God...
a Sermon Preached at a Teetotal Festival, near Liskeard...
on June 9 1840 by Benjamin Carvosso, Wesleyan Minister
Her chief failing
British Methodism and the Poor
Methodist Archives and Research Centre
John Rylands University Library, Manchester
"I was born on the 31st of March, 1860, in a gipsy tent, the son of gipsies, Cornelius Smith and his wife Mary Welch. The place was the parish of Wanstead, near Epping Forest, a mile and a half from the Green Man, Leytonstone..."
Gypsy Smith (1860-1947)
His Life and Work
...for even in Heaven his looks and thoughts
Were always downward bent, admiring more
The riches of Heaven's pavement, trodden gold,
Than aught divine or holy else enjoyed
In vision beatific....Let none admire
That riches grow in Hell; that soil may best
Deserve the precious bane.
Ours is the era of commerce, as its propagandists never weary of telling us. Business is the basis of our material lives, and consequently of our culture. Business men control our politics and dictate our laws; business men own our newspapers and direct their policy; business men sit on our school boards, and endow and manage our universities.
Book 5: The Church of the Merchants
The Profits of Religion
English Online Resources
electronic text center
Univ. Virginia Library
still here 09:07
Abraham Lincoln's Tomb, Springfield, Illinois, 1865
Samuel Montague Fassett, photographer
President James Garfield's Tomb, Cleveland, Ohio, 1900
Detroit Photographic Co.
still here 00:03
- ► 2010 (10)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (191)
- ► 2007 (365)
- ► 2006 (458)
- ► 2005 (399)
06/06 - 06/13
- The Liar Jockum Nordstrom —— Nerdon Eston ...
- Untitled Jasmin Sian Anthony Meier Fine Arts
- Between Sweet and Low Phoebe Washburn LFL Galle...
- Nikki S. Lee (Cindy Sherman/Zelig chameleon. Cum...
- Army of Me Amy Cutler Leslie Tonkonow Artw...
- Prokudin-Gorski gets a good write-up at reflection...
- leylop reappears, over the horizon, far to the wes...
- Beth Yarnelle Edwards Robert Klein Galleries ——...
- 12:59 p.m. Someone - apparently a forgetful 18th c...
- As If Galvanic Allan Peterson Verse Daily ...
- Vitamin Q's singer-songwriter CD starts high li...
- Orphanotrophium No schoolbook says a piece of i...
- Calabash Music has important sounds that cause goo...
- Recyclable Refugee Camp - Project Ives Maes ...
- soda ICA newmediacentre you can do this
- Filipino Musicians in America: the Early 20th Cent...
- Blue Chrysanthemum Piet Mondrian ———— A...
- Amateur photos of Transit of Venus at BBC News
- Factory Farm Sue Coe Galerie St. Etienne
- Enrique Radigales clandestina
- artistas en conflicto clandestina
- Amazing Feats of Armless People
- "'Tis true my form is something odd, but blaming ...
- Novelty: Hold-to-Light: The beauty. Flowers, leave...
- Wife of Captain Jack(Kintpuash) Modoc wars K...
- The mask of Hami, meaning dangerous thing Koskim...
- "Do right if the stars fall." Dr. Bob Jones, Sr...
- Drunkenness, The Enemy of Britain, Arrested by the...
- Reflexiones críticas desde Colombia José Roca
- LAS HORAS NEGRAS Fotografía de Patricia Aridjis ...
- tres mujeres sentada Francisco Zúñiga
- Abraham Lincoln's Tomb, Springfield, Illinois, 186...
- ▼ 06/06 - 06/13 (34)
- ► 2003 (825)
- ► 2002 (987)
- ► 2001 (780)