Telling the Bees
...with mud and thatch and string,
the webs he parted every morning,
the hounds' hair combed from brushes,
the dust swept into piles with sparrows' feathers.
Who makes the laws that live
inside the brick and mortar of a name,
selects the seeds, garden or wild...
Poetry Daily Mar.19.03
still here 00:54
the only woman to hold simultaneously the women's world speed, altitude, and distance records for heavy landplanes
Ruth Nichols and a Lockheed Vega 1929
Ruth Nichols: Intrepid Aviator
Harriet Quimby, the first American woman licensed pilot
H.Q. at PBS
at History of Flight
U.S. Centennial of Flight Commission
"Ironically the aircraft glided to a landing with little damage."
These women were flying before they were "given" the right to vote.
Cradle of Aviation Museum
Norm Granger's early aviation pages
still here 13:01
- ► 2010 (10)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (191)
- ► 2007 (365)
- ► 2006 (458)
- ► 2005 (399)
03/14 - 03/21
- Remember Me Lola Schnabel Perceval Press
- I'm Scared Of It All Rhymes of A Rolling Stone R...
- Telling the Bees ...with mud and thatch and s...
- John Giorno interview undo.net
- Les foux d’Abidjan Dorris Haron Kasco - at revu...
- culturebase.net The international artist database...
- ARTTHROB contemporary art in South Africa
- If you expect to do a paper on the sensitive, perc...
- Disabled Wilfred Owen
- Bell Geordie
- Flukes ...no one to play with except a b...
- Homesickness Murray Bail reviewed by Danny Yee
- De Macht van de Verbeelding C.B. Muller at galer...
- The green flash at sunset caught by Tacita Dean ...
- The rockets have to carry life-size replicas of th...
- Camellia Groove
- Muito obrigada, você, vigna-marú!
- Ruth Nichols the only woman to hold simultaneous...
- dolls houses for adults...
- ▼ 03/14 - 03/21 (19)
- ► 2003 (825)
- ► 2002 (987)
- ► 2001 (780)