these are the timesdirty beloved
-

9.11.03

Walt Whitman: first response to Anne Gilchrist's offer of her hand in marriage

...My book is my best letter, my response, my truest explanation of all. In it I have put my body & spirit. You understand this better & fuller & clearer than any one else. And I too fully & clearly understand the loving & womanly letter it has evoked. Enough that there surely exists between us so beautiful & delicate a relation, accepted by both of us with joy.
Article by Steve King at the nicely-interfaced, Today in Literature.
CROW: So ya' wanna be a rocker. Study the moves. Jerry Lee Lewis. Buy some blue suede shoes. Move yer head like Rod Stewart. Put yer ass in a grind. Talkin' sock it to it, get the image in line. Get the image in line boy. The fantasy rhyme. It's all over the streets and you can't buy the time. You can't buy the bebop. You can't buy the slide. Got the fantasy blues and no place to hide.

HOSS: O.K., this time I stay solid. You ain't suckin' me into jive rhythms. I got my own. I got my patterns. Original. I'm my own man....
Sam Shephard's Tooth of Crime
Steve King again.

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Archive

Vivian

db annex larger,longer image-heavy posts