these are the timesdirty beloved
-

1.9.03

The tactful cactus by your window
Surveys the prairie of your room
The mobile spins to its collision
Clara puts her head between her paws
They've opened shops down West side
Will all the cacti find a home
But the key to the city
Is in the sun that pins
the branches to the sky

eight line poem
'Hunky Dory' 1971
________

...I miss your kissin'
and i miss your head
And a letter in your writing
doesn't mean you're not dead

Just run outside in the desert heat
Make your dress all wet
and send it to me
I miss your soup and I miss your bread
And a letter in your writing
doesn't mean you're not dead
So spill your breakfast
and drip your wine
Just wear that dress when you dine

D-A-V-I-D

So, sitting here wishing
on a cement floor
Just wishing that i had just something you wore
Bloody your hands on a cactus tree
Wipe'em on your dress
and send it to me...

Cactus
'heathens' 2002

David Bowie

Blog Archive

Vivian

db annex larger,longer image-heavy posts