these are the timesdirty beloved
-

23.6.03


Intimités
Gisèle Didi, photographies
link path thru this page
thru I think gmtplus9

{there's a sense of propriety, etiquette, a lot of the people who want 'this' to be definable, something that can be described in a word or two, 'blogging' and all that. wait wait, I'm not sneering, I'm just suggesting it's really big, and very new, and maybe we could help it be more than just an extension of our collective desire for recognition, for place and community, which it is already anyway bigger than, but recent events should be pointing out to everyone how temporary things can be. the sense of propriety where you link to people and put a little light of recognition there and it's all thrilling and surge of joy, and yes, that it is. but what you're riding while that happens is too big for description, that's the point. and also it's irritating to feel some pudge-brained auteur bad-vibing oneself from across the country because one has obviously jumped from a suggestion of said vibist on to some delightful site and linked same without crediting the original pioneer. but I open about thirty windows and some of them have four or five tabs, and I blink back and forth and around and often forget where I got where from. and at the beginning I didn't know html at all just what the blogger crew threw up at blogspot.
briefly I guess it's maybe overemphasizing the credits at the expense of the movie. kind of like the same greed-scummish trench the music biz is trying to extricate itself from currently. where the contracts become far more valuable than the 'product' they're about.
I try.}

Blog Archive

Vivian

db annex larger,longer image-heavy posts