these are the timesdirty beloved
-

31.1.03

I went down with Mr Lowes & Robin to see them trying to catch trout - in a lovely little river at Glen Falloch - we had tea when we returned, about 5pm to find lots of visitors - they're awfully sweet people & the table laden with wonderful eats - how they live these folk - they have pots of cash & yet are as natural about things as tho they hadn't anything, they just accept things - they are not one scrap blatant one would call them the real thing I s'pose - charming types, so few & far between nowadays. Anyway we loved every second & imagine my intense excitement when the lads - everyone dresses at night for dinner, of course - all came down in kilts - believe me there is nothing on earth more glamorous than full dress tartan, as is worn in the evenings - I was completely swept off my feet when the 2 Gordon boys came in in their dress tartans - I was speechless until halfway thro' dinner & didn't even notice I was eating grouse

letters home from an Australian nurse in Britain, 1937-1944

Blog Archive

Vivian

db annex larger,longer image-heavy posts