these are the timesdirty beloved
-

22.12.02

This man said this:

describe your style, like a good friend of yours would describe it.

I truly believe that our duty as an architect or a designer is to design
things which attract luck, rooms which protect people...
I don’t design things in any style, even less so in any fashion style,
I design things for life states.

designed this house:

designed this:


and this room divider.

and said this:

you have spent a lot of time in asia and you know the spiritual values of those
cultures very well. do you think that they tend to fuse with our wasteful
western culture, or do you think there is another possibility?


the thing about asia which interested me wasn’t so much the spirituality
as the sensorial approach, the rituals...there is nothing spiritual in spirituality.
the word spirituality was invented in the 19th century. I hate that word...
it is finding a way to forget the existential disaster, it is a series of rituals,
which correspond to the cosmos and they are rituals which
depend on your social class, the weather,
the relationship to animals-- this interests me. I think that any attempt
to integrate into the modern world can only be "pay attention to life",
existence, but not afterlife.

on the news they said that italians are afraid of unemployment,
criminality and pollution. what are you afraid of regarding
the future?


I think that the future doesn’t exist. what we think of today as the future isn’t the future.
people are always afraid of the future, and the future has always been a disaster.
like the present is a disaster. but rhetoric about the future bothers me,
because almost everything we do today we say we’re doing for the future.
the future is here now, let’s try to get organized now.
I don’t care about the future at all.

Blog Archive

Vivian

db annex larger,longer image-heavy posts