these are the timesdirty beloved
-

2.12.02

Andrzej Jackowski
His pictures belong recognisably to a generation which has felt the impact of Balthus and Francis Bacon, but though he says he has been mentioned in various art bboks as belonging to this or that trend, 'I don't feel close to Chia and people like that, who are really much more out of conceptualism. I do feel something in common with Christopher Le Brun or even Ken Kiff, though he's more surreal than I am. I respect a man like Paladino, but he's more mythic and - how can I put it - Jungian, dealing in a kind of tribal images mostly, while I'm more personal. I always try to find my own set of images. and to put them together in my own style. Ken Kiff says that fantasy and imagination are a way of talking about the real. It's a way of cooking the world and putting it into images.'

Blog Archive

Vivian

db annex larger,longer image-heavy posts